We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Web Designer Job Description
Introduction (short paragraph):
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
Main responsibilities (limit bullet points to essential responsibilities):
- Conceptualizing creative ideas and website solutions with clients.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with client branding.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Setting up and managing different content management systems, providing training where necessary.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Suggesting and incorporating best practice functionalities and features into websites.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or high-level diploma in a related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools (XD, Figma, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Creative and open to new ideas and implementing innovation.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Experience with source code management tools like Bitbucket, Git.
- You’ll be confident with content management systems.
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimization principles.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more design specific, you can check the UX Designer Job Description.
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for Creative Designers or Graphic Designers, check our Design Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.