We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Managing company website (including all images, tools, and content).
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising.
- Overseeing management of all digital channels (including updates, design, and user experience).
- Strategising and overseeing social media presence across all channels.
- Developing a website traffic plan and creating goals and KPIs to meet.
- Leading on website and social media channel optimisation for SEO as well as usability.
- Creating, maintaining, and implementing digital marketing and editorial calendars in collaboration with executives and content creators.
- Delivering effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging.
- Updating company blog, e-newsletter, and social media (including regular posts, news, job listings, etc.) and overall management.
- Managing metrics such as Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
- Measuring, reporting and recommending on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Partnering with advertising and media specialists to increase marketing results when necessary.
- Developing and managing A/B testing protocols and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing.
- Solid understanding of ecommerce, PPC, SEO & SEM concepts, and experience in training other team members.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- You’ll be confident with a range of ads, analytics, email automation and A/B testing tools.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics and best practices.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- You’ll have strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other traditional marketing positions, check our Marketing Roles Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a