We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a PPC Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Creating, developing & implementing effective long- and short-term paid search strategies with good ROAS.
- Managing PPC budgets, while strengthening platform accounts and key client relationships.
- Executing & optimizing multiple PPC campaigns simultaneously.
- Overseeing campaigns across a number of search platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Amazon Ads, Social Media ads, Bing).
- Targeting selected groups through keyword and audience research.
- Managing and editing campaign budgets and adjusting bids to optimise ROAS,
- Tracking daily, weekly & monthly KPIs to identify opportunities for improvement or more efficient spend.
- Reporting KPIs to management on a regular basis via various dashboards.
- Producing engaging, clear and concise copy for campaigns
- Ensuring campaigns are aligned across multiple channels, avoiding wasted spend or crossover.
- Reducing risk of click fraud and irrelevant spend.
- Staying up-to-date with PPC/SEM trends and techniques, and applying them where relevant.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a PPC Manager or Digital Marketing Specialist focused on SEM.
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Digital Media or a related field, with Google Ads certification.
- Experience with multiple platforms, e.g. AdWords, Facebook Ads, TikTok Bing.
- You’ll need strong analytical and numeracy skills, and be confident translating large amounts of data into comprehensible or visual reports.
- Expertise using and manipulating paid search dashboards to optimise spend.
- Confidence using Google Analytics or similar tools.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and experience presenting reports and optimisations.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of broad-stroke digital marketing concepts and SEO.
- Knowledge of Data Studio and/or other data visualization tools is a plus
- AdWords or a similar certification will be a plus.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards SEO, you can check the SEO Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Specialist Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.