Content Manager Job Description
We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of Content Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Briefing, creating and editing a diverse range of interesting short and-long form written and visual content for digital platforms, webinars, newsletters etc.
- Designing content that engages and influences target audiences to complete agreed goals.
- Collaborating with the broader marketing team to ensure marketing strategy feeds into content aligning with company objectives.
- Ensuring content is optimised for excellent user experience, search engines and digital/social media platforms.
- Managing content platforms, uploading, editing and promoting content.
- Designing and implementing a content strategy targeted at social media communities.
- Briefing and managing third-party suppliers, freelancers and designers to ensure on-time delivery of assets.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 4 years’ experience in digital marketing with a portfolio of engaging visual and written content.
- You’ll have high-level, versatile writing abilities with strong attention to detail and experience editing.
- You’ll be experienced in using content SEO techniques to shape strategy and creative assets.
- Proficiency in designing, managing and delivering broad, multi-angle projects to diverse clients.
- Proven track record in creating and publishing online and offline content.
Nice to have:
- Confidence in using apps and tech to implement and monitor content strategies, such as working knowledge of HTML/CSS, CMS, analytics tools, and image/video editing platforms.
- You have done Keyword research & understand the inner workings of Keyword intent.
- Journalism/Marketing or other relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards marketing, you can check the Digital Marketing Executive Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.