We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Product Manager Job Description
Introduction (short paragraph):
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
Main responsibilities (limit bullet points to essential responsibilities):
- Manage product roadmap and propose new features and optimizations
- Comprehensive project management from conceptual design to marketing output.
- Understanding and managing the supply chain for products.
- Managing budget plans according to objectives.
- Ensuring action plans are delivered and implemented on time.
- Designing and developing product and packaging in tandem.
- Nurture cross-collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Design, Legal, Data) to align stakeholders towards common goals.
- Carrying out project and market research, as well as feasibility studies.
- Keeping up with the market to discover opportunities and implement innovations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor in Product Design or related field.
- Previous experience in product creation or management essential.
- Experience managing the complete product development cycle – from initial designs to handover and promotion.
- Experience preparing product requirement documents that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record in Product Management or Innovation also needed.
- You’ll also need to be a confident, ambitious self-starter, eager to develop your career.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience building product teams.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more marketing related, you can check the Product Marketing Manager Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for Product related roles, check our Product salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.