Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description -
Data analysts take a company’s numbers – be it sales figures, customer or client interactions, market research, costs etc. – and convert them to plain English: basically insights that will inform business decisions. In the intro to this job you should outline a little about your company and what you aim to achieve with this role.
Example of Data Analyst Job Description
- Perform analytics and maintenance large database across different industries;
- Carry out issue identification and analysis techniques, such as pattern analysis and root cause analysis, to help identify issues and propose solutions;
- Work close to stakeholders gathering requirements, performing analysis and delivering complex analysis to supply data driven insight to support strategic business decision-making;
- Plan, design and develop dashboards, ongoing reporting and segmentation strategies;
- Design, implement and improve KPI & SLA reports.
- 3+ years’ experience in analytical role;
- Bachelor degree in subject such statistic, data analytics or computer science;
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with data from multiple sources;
- Knowledge of different modelling and data mining techniques;
- Data analysis using Pivot table, Vlookup & Excel;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Strong analytical mindset.