We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Customer Support Job Description
Introduction (short paragraph):
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
Main responsibilities (limit bullet points to essential responsibilities):
- Managing workflow and delivering fast response to customers from marketplace platforms.
- Setting and delivering operational targets, team and individual KPIs to ensure highest possible performance and customer satisfaction.
- Using analytics tools to create weekly and monthly reporting to track progress against targets and KPIs, and identifying opportunities to improve performance further.
- Reviewing customer support systems and workflow, liaising with IT department to provide greater automation and improve customer experience.
- Proposing improvements to website content and exploring opportunities to reduce email and phone enquiries via tools such as chatbots and online forms.
- Liaising with Operations and Finance departments to improve cross-functional processes including returns authorisations and customer refunds.
- Designing and implementing projects and tasks to further improve Customer Support.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience of leading a Customer Support department.
- You’ll have a track record of designing process improvements and implementing automation.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and understanding of specialist systems and CRMs.
- You’ll be competent at analysing data sets, providing meaningful insights and implementing them.
- High levels of commercial acumen, confidence in influencing senior management, and motivation to drive customer satisfaction.
- You’ll also have proven management skills and strong leadership with evidence of optimising team performance.
- Track record of delivering results in fast paced, commercial environment.
- You’ll be a team player with at senior management level.
Nice to have:
- Fluency in languages other than English like Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese or Arabic strong plus.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that need more sales charcateristics, you can check the Sales Manager Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for Sales roles in Ireland, check our Sales salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.