We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Head of Marketing Job Description
The Head of Marketing - also known as the Marketing Director - develops a fully integrated strategy for the business. They're responsible for marketing media assets through promotions and events with new and innovative marketing methods. They oversee the use of integrated channels to attract customers and increase brand awareness. They also oversee general marketing, communications and public relations efforts.
- Creating product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market by leveraging their unique selling point.
- Communicating vision and value of new products to the sales team, and assisting with developing sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Researching competitor offerings and carrying out market research data to establish appropriate product pricing.
- Planning and participating in the launch of new services and products across different departments.
- Briefing press and PR teams about the new products and ensuring positive feedback.
- Finding insights into customers’ current usage of products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas via interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Agreeing timelines and deadlines for developing new products with product management, engineering or manufacturing departments.
- Assisting with content creation, such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Leading product knowledge sessions for both external and internal audiences.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You’ll have a strong portfolio detailing previous successful product marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience designing and implementing marketing plans covering strategy, customer research, competitive analysis, product requirements, messaging, pricing, etc.
- You’ll have excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with an eye for quality and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a minimum of xx years’ experience in a similar position.
Nice to have:
- You’ll have experience initiating and driving a range of GTM programs including, webinars, trade shows, social media, content marketing etc.
- Confidence in effectively leading, inspiring, and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, across geographies, including executive management, product management, operations, sales and marketing.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more marketing specific, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for Head of Marketing and Marketing Specialists, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Streamlining a hiring proces is key to be able to hire effectively. Writing great job descriptions is a good start, but there are other ways to make this hiring process more efficient and structured that we explain in our blog in detail.