Email Marketing Manager Job Description
We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Email Marketing Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Creating, communicating, and delivering an email marketing growth plan covering new campaigns and optimising existing ones.
- Working closely with other members of the marketing and business team to ensure new emails and content align with the overall marketing contact strategy.
- Ensuring all email marketing communications are concise and relevant, customer-focused, solution-based and follow company best practice and branding.
- Ensuring all email marketing communications are GDPR compliant and adhere to best practices.
- Working with the design team to develop engaging creative assets for email templates.
- Building email templates using HTML and native email marketing platform tools.
- Setting up, reviewing and proofing email campaigns using the email marketing platform.
- Providing timely analysis into campaign performance, highlighting areas of opportunity to improve key performance metrics.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with an email marketing platform and campaign management tool.
- Strong organisational skills and high levels of attention to detail.
- Proven track record of successful email campaigns, A/B testing
- Proficiency at analysing customer and campaign data and converting it into insights and action plans.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond dynamically to change.
- Proficient in using Excel.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Google Analytics and knowledge of HTML a serious advantage.
- Experience creating digital assets and excellent copywriting skills.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards marketing, you can check the Digital Marketing Executive Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.