We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Head of Digital Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Designing and implementing digital strategy as part of the company’s broader business and marketing plans, building affinity and leading demand generation.
- Liaising with senior management to draw up, marketing innovation strategy set corporate goals and maximise budget value.
- Liaising with third parties like digital agencies and software vendors to optimise channels, lead gen, bidding and targeting strategies.
- Researching and analysing performance drivers to improve future campaign profitability/growth and contributing towards yearly marketing budgets, KPIs and sales forecasts
- Building and leading the digital team to plan, create and implement a comprehensive comms and social media strategy to increase reach, number of followers and engagement, and ultimately to drive revenue.
- Designing campaign, content and video strategies that transmit the organisation’s goals and objectives together with the Marketing team.
- Upgrading the organisation’s digital capabilities with key stakeholders, as well as implementing best practice social media and digital marketing trends for profitable growth.
- Planning and leading team building/recruitment strategies.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ digital experience with record of building online capability and innovating in pre-existing businesses with established marketing channels.
- A degree (or equivalent) in digital marketing or business studies and IDM or CIM certified ideal.
- Excellent knowledge of SEM, CMS and CRM management and eCommerce and MarTech innovation.
- You’ll be confident at interpreting complex data and drawing out insights for business growth and optimization.
- Experience in implementing a growth plan to drive change and opportunities for collaboration within an organisation.
- Experience delivering KPIs, measurable output and financial results.
- Excellent project management, communication and people skills.
- Management experience in email marketing, social media, PPC display and retargeting campaigns.
Nice to have:
- Confidence in representing the brand in pitches and to external stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of SEO ranking factors and Google Ads tools.
- Experience managing multinational ecommerce sites.
- Experience conducting AB testing with large data sets.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards senior management, you can check the Head of Marketing Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.