Copywriter Job Description
We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Copywriter Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Interpreting creative briefs to develop and produce concepts you’re your assigned brands.
- Researching and understanding the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviewing of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and leading in-person meetings
- Creating and editing accurate, well-researched copy that meets client/company needs and is delivered to deadlines.
- Editing existing content and combining with new text for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Speaking with internal and external parties to learn about their content needs.
- Conducting research to formulate ideas or support writing.
- Assisting in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content.
- Collaborating with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product.
- Presenting copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion.
- Revising and optimising copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or related field.
- Minimum two years’ social media or content marketing experience.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail and appreciation of high-quality design.
- Experience writing specific copy, such as healthcare, marketing, or technology.
- You’ll need strong communication, research, and typing skills.
- Confidence in understanding the needs associated with a project and the target audience.
- You’ll also be receptive to feedback and capable of meeting deadlines and quick turnarounds.
Nice to have:
- SEO writing experience
- Track record in global copywriting projects
- Knowledge of CRO best practices for landing pages.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more content related, you can check the Content Manager Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other digital marketing positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.