We have crafted a series of job description templates for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These job description examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers & Hiring Managers please feel free to use and adjust this template to your needs.
Ecommerce Manager Job Description Template
Ecommerce managers are responsible for the online sales of the brand. They oversee the look and feel of the company website and are responsible for generating sales via online channels. Depending on the role, they might oversee digital marketers, web and software developers who contribute to website traffic, design and structure.
- Manage all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting
- Develop and implement ecommerce strategy in order to improve website performance
- Work with developers to improve website speed
- Work wth the marketing team or manage digital marketers in order to improve quality and traffic acquisition
- Re-Platforming website to new CMS, making website mobile capable
- Research market in order to discover new trends and technologies in order to improve website performance
- Analyse various data in order to deliver data driven strategies in order to deliver top performance and achieve kpis
- Oversee or directly manage digital marketing channels across PPC, SEO, Display, affiliates and email marketing and social media
- Develop content calendar and oversee website uploads and landing pages development
- Report on performance
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelors’ degree in Digital Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of implementing digital marketing concepts such as PPC, SEO, social media, display and affiliate channels.
- Confidence developing and overseeing retail and eCommerce-focused digital marketing strategies.
- Excellent understanding of UX, web design, customer flow and web analysis.
- Confidence in traffic analysis, reporting tools and optimisation.
- Knowledge of Attribution modelling, website speed optimisation, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimisation, traffic analysis and reporting tools.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding and experience in, UX, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Google Analytics
- High proficiency in relevant tools, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Google Analytics.
- Broad experience of attribution modelling, website speed optimisation, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimisation.
- Strong MarTech background, with experience managing marketing and tech teams
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action):
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more marketing specific, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for Ecommerce Managers and Ecommerce Specialists, check our Ecommerce Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.