We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Ecommerce Manager Job Description Template
Ecommerce managers are responsible for the online sales of the brand. They oversee the look and feel of the company website and are responsible for generating sales via online channels. Depending on the role, they might oversee digital marketers, web and software developers who contribute to website traffic, design and structure.
- Manage all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting
- Develop and implement ecommerce strategy in order to improve website performance
- Work with developers to improve website speed
- Work wth the marketing team or manage digital marketers in order to improve quality and traffic acquisition
- Re-Platforming website to new CMS, making website mobile capable
- Research market in order to discover new trends and technologies in order to improve website performance
- Analyse various data in order to deliver data driven strategies in order to deliver top performance and achieve kpis
- Oversee or directly manage digital marketing channels across PPC, SEO, Display, affiliates and email marketing and social media
- Develop content calendar and oversee website uploads and landing pages development
- Report on performance
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelors’ degree in Digital Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of implementing digital marketing concepts such as PPC, SEO, social media, display and affiliate channels.
- Confidence developing and overseeing retail and eCommerce-focused digital marketing strategies.
- Excellent understanding of UX, web design, customer flow and web analysis.
- Confidence in traffic analysis, reporting tools and optimisation.
- Knowledge of Attribution modelling, website speed optimisation, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimisation, traffic analysis and reporting tools.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding and experience in, UX, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Google Analytics
- High proficiency in relevant tools, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Google Analytics.
- Broad experience of attribution modelling, website speed optimisation, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimisation.
- Strong MarTech background, with experience managing marketing and tech teams
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action):
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more marketing specific, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for Ecommerce Managers and Ecommerce Specialists, check our Ecommerce Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.