We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Product Marketing Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Creating product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market by leveraging their unique selling point.
- Communicating vision and value of new products to the sales team, and assisting with developing sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Researching competitor offerings and carrying out market research data to establish appropriate product pricing.
- Planning and participating in the launch of new services and products across different departments.
- Briefing press and PR teams about the new products and ensuring positive feedback.
- Finding insights into customers’ current usage of products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas via interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Agreeing timelines and deadlines for developing new products with product management, engineering or manufacturing departments.
- Assisting with content creation, such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Leading product knowledge sessions for both external and internal audiences.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You’ll have a strong portfolio detailing previous successful product marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience designing and implementing marketing plans covering strategy, customer research, competitive analysis, product requirements, messaging, pricing, etc.
- You’ll have excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with an eye for quality and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a minimum of xx years’ experience in a similar position.
Nice to have:
- You’ll have experience initiating and driving a range of GTM programs including, webinars, trade shows, social media, content marketing etc.
- Confidence in effectively leading, inspiring, and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, across geographies, including executive management, product management, operations, sales and marketing.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action):
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more marketing specific, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for Product Design Leads or Head of Products, check our Product Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.