We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
The purpose of this role is to drive and manage digital planning strategy to clients. The Digital Account Director will provide efficient client liaison and project management abilities to deliver on client requirements.
The Digital Account Director will Actively consult with clients regarding SEO, SEM, UX, audience segmentation and all other issues relating to clients’ requirements in relation to user acquisition, conversions etc.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Digital Account Director Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Lead effective and efficient cross-functional interaction within the agency to deliver client success
- Prioritize and manage clients’ expectations
- Planning and oversight of Digital Campaigns, including Display, Video, Social etc.
- Lead effective and efficient cross-functional interaction within the agency to deliver on client requirements
- Ensure the strategic and creative excellence of team outputs in response to client briefs.
- Maximise team output and efficiencies through co-ordinating team workflow, with responsibility for all team work in progress. Effectively delegate to team members and manage team workload.
- Mentor team members and develop their skillset in accordance with their individual goals and objectives and career path.
- Play a key role in the recruitment of new team members as and when required
- Be actively involved in new business efforts from qualifying opportunities to leading pitch teams.
- Third Level Qualification in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- A minimum of (Typically 8 years +) years’ experience in digital media strategy, planning and buying
- Previous recent experience working in an agency environment at Senior Account Manager / Account Director Level.
- Digital native, expertise in all Digital channels: PPC, SEO, Content, Social, Programmatic, etc.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, with experience liaising with clients at senior level.
- Demonstrable commercial experience with experience growing revenues and effectively managing budgets for major brand campaigns.
- Strong experience in participating in new business pitches;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Management reporting experience essential.
Nice to have
- Confident leading and participating in presentations to clients.
- Experience in working professionally with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards senior management, you can check the Head of Marketing Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.