We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Business Development Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Managing the entire sales process from prospect to lead qualification, solution, condition negotiation, offer prep and follow-up.
- Coordinating with internal teams, marketing, production, designers and product managers.
- Liaising with product management, production facilities, and designers to find or create the most appropriate solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Proactively reaching potential customers by phone, researching about them using secondary sources, presenting the innovative company offering, converting and and generating sales.
- Setting up and optimising sales processes targeting lead conversion effectiveness to push them down the funnel.
- Organising and managing customer database, by keeping all customer and leads information up to date and providing reporting on relevant KPIs
- Delivering first-class customer service throughout the entire process.
- Tracking customer satisfaction via surveys, identifying and addressing sources of dissatisfaction by optimising solutions and incorporating feedback.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You’ll be multilingual – English and Spanish plus one of French, Italian or German.
- Minimum 1–2-year experience with an eCommerce merchant.
- You’ll be confident leading inbound and outbound call campaigns.
- Proven track record of working with technical products and B2B customers.
- Experience dealing with multichannel inbound queries, as phone, social media, webchat, and emails.
- You’ll be used to large product scope databases and working to a high level of organization.
- Past form in setting up and managing commercial activity, involving databases, processes, and KPIs.
- High-level Microsoft Office user – particularly Excel.
- You’ll have a high entrepreneurial drive, curiosity, and an eagerness to innovate and disrupt existing sales models.
- You’ll be a confident self-starter, with high commercial acumen and proactive communication.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge in CRM software such as Hubspot or Salesforce, and high-level quantitative skills.
- Experience selling packaging products would be an advantage.
- Portuguese, Chinese or Arabic a huge plus.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards Sales, you can check the Sales Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other sales positions, check our Sales Roles Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.