We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Media Planner Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Creating and implementing annual multi-channel campaigns for each brand's calendar – reaching, engaging, and converting mere readers into active subscribers.
- Managing CMSs across brand websites, creating product/landing pages, working with digital and editorial teams to ensure optimization of both websites and customer UX.
- Analysing consumer lifecycle journey and engagement based on subscription usage and generating strategies to re-engage consumers in the clients’ products. In addition, you’ll own retargeting strategies for hot leads.
- Taking responsibility for driving email marketing and e-shot campaigns – from customer lifecycle and engagement analysis to retargeting hot leads. Increasing subscription, engagement and lead generations also needed.
- Creating, testing and optimizing razor-sharp, high-converting copy for ads, banners and social media, as well as refreshing them on a regular basis.
- Preparing automated e-shot campaigns, distributing brand content and promotional emails, as well as using Active Campaign to increase subscriptions, engagement and generate leads.
- Comprehensive SEO work from strategy to production and execution: KW research; overall content creation and production; managing technical work; leading testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- Leading and optimizing paid, display and retargeting ad campaign: keyword optimization, bid adjustments and budget management.
- Managing the database/lists and preparing selections for each campaign. In addition, you’ll drive online subscriber/prospect data acquisition and ensure the info is accurate and kept up to date for direct marketing
- Creating weekly/monthly analysis and reports for all marketing initiatives against financial and data targets.
- Researching and analysing performance drivers to improve future campaign profitability/growth and contributing towards yearly marketing budgets, KPIs and sales forecasts
- Managing optimum tracking and attribution set-up, in addition to advising on industry developments and new initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience within direct & digital marketing in a B2C publishing or media sector.
- A degree (or equivalent) in digital marketing or business studies and IDM or CIM certified ideal.
- Management experience in direct mail, social media, PPC display and retargeting campaigns.
- In-depth understanding of SEO ranking factors and Google Ads, with a proven track record of delivering outstanding performance against revenue targets.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics is needed – so we need someone who is great at insights and can analyse data and numbers to drive strategy.
- We need you to be a commercially minded troubleshooter and a bit of an over-achiever.
- We also need you to be a confident leader, organiser and great team player, able to work across departments with your outstanding communication skills to make sure strategy, output, expectations and synched effectively to reach (and exceed! business goals).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with persuasion skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in using modern CMS (Saleforce, Hubspot), email marketing platforms and video platforms.
- Team management experience.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more account management related, you can check the Account Manager Job Description.
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other agency positions, check our Agency Roles Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.