We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Social Media Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Covering a range of sectors, you’ll be managing social media spend and assets for both the brand itself and their clients.
- You’ll oversee managing social media marketing plans and content calendars across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc., amongst other channels.
- Working with project managers and senior creatives to manage asset production and delivery on time, on brief and on budget.
- Optimizing multi-channel paid social assets for clients with thorough testing and actionable analysis to drive results.
- Leveraging knowledge and experience with paid social to make optimization and diversification recommendations for clients on platform usage and assets.
- Producing insights, reports and advice for clients to continuously deliver improvements in KPIs.
- Being a top-notch copywriter (long- and short-form) that attracts new users, engage current users and drives conversions.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's or PG degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related communications field.
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience in-house or in a marketing agency managing and nurturing social media accounts.
- You’ll be very familiar with Paid Social marketing techniques and platforms.
- Thorough understanding of social media and its role in content marketing and digital marketing.
- The person needs a keen commercial awareness, and the ability to use reports to provide ROI for clients within their business model.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools and social media monitoring platforms is needed.
- You’ll also need to be up to date with latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
Nice to have:
- Experience with content management and analytics platforms would be ideal, as would experience with HubSpot.
- Experience implementing SEO strategies including Keyword Research, Backlinking and On-page best practices.
- Fluency in other languages besides English will be beneficial.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards marketing, you can check the Digital Marketing Executive Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.