We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of an SEO Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Overseeing SEO implementation across content, design, social media, PPC and other marketing activities.
- Managing both offsite optimization & onsite optimization project and creating reports on their performance.
- Developing and implementing effective local & long tail SEO strategies
- Leading a team of SEO executives and project management for clients and/or inhouse.
- Troubleshooting technical SEO issues & recommending fixes.
- Optimising on-page & off-page content & copy.
- Developing off-page optimisation projects e.g. link-building.
- Working closely with PPC & Social Media teams to optimise content and campaigns.
- Keeping up to date with current SEO trends and technologies, and implementing as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Strong understanding of standard and current SEO practices
- You’ll have experience reporting on SEO KPIs.
- Solid working experience with SEO tools (e.g., Ahrefs, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, MOZ) and analytical tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel)
- Hands-on experience creating content, conducting keyword research and implementing backlinking strategies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to have:
- Working understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Proven record of leadership and team management skills.
- A keen eye for translating data into visual or easily understood formats.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards PPC, you can check the PPC Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other digital positions, check our Digital Marketing Specialist Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.