We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a Sales Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends
- Implementing new sales and advertising plans, as well as developing promotions and campaigns
- Representing the company's brand and driving strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
- Briefing and managing creation of relevant marketing material and assets.
- Leading on account management and coordination with broader service and sales teams.
- Dealing with inbound leads and enquiries to ensure the highest level of service.
- Providing relevant reports and analysis to management.
- Growing sales revenues, increasing brand market share and building relationships with key customers.
- Managing product offering, recommend pricing levels and establishing sales strategy according to company policies and objectives.
- Providing the company with new product ideas, market trends, territory market data, sales growth strategies, and competitive intelligence.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, etc.
- Marketing or sales background, ideally with 5 years’ experience.
- You’ll have several years’ experience in a similar position with knowledge of database programs and CRM systems.
- High levels of commercial awareness, with strong prospecting skills and the ability to develop business in new and existing accounts.
- Proven track record in optimising sales in both efficiency and volume.
- Strong analytic skills to identify trends and gaps in activities and results to drive changes in team behaviours and build growth plans.
- You’ll have effective communication, presentation and influencing skills to shape relationships and deliver results and beat KPIs.
- High levels of organisation, and confidence with managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Fluency in other languages besides English, like Spanish, French, German.
- Previous experience in Marketing and traffic acquisition.
- Experience in technology and innovation.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards marketing, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for other sales and business development positions, check our Sales Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.