We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a Sales Manager Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team and resources to make it happen.
- Researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends
- Implementing new sales and advertising plans, as well as developing promotions and campaigns
- Representing the company's brand and driving strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
- Briefing and managing creation of relevant marketing material and assets.
- Leading on account management and coordination with broader service and sales teams.
- Dealing with inbound leads and enquiries to ensure the highest level of service.
- Providing relevant reports and analysis to management.
- Growing sales revenues, increasing brand market share and building relationships with key customers.
- Managing product offering, recommend pricing levels and establishing sales strategy according to company policies and objectives.
- Providing the company with new product ideas, market trends, territory market data, sales growth strategies, and competitive intelligence.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, etc.
- Marketing or sales background, ideally with 5 years’ experience.
- You’ll have several years’ experience in a similar position with knowledge of database programs and CRM systems.
- High levels of commercial awareness, with strong prospecting skills and the ability to develop business in new and existing accounts.
- Proven track record in optimising sales in both efficiency and volume.
- Strong analytic skills to identify trends and gaps in activities and results to drive changes in team behaviours and build growth plans.
- You’ll have effective communication, presentation and influencing skills to shape relationships and deliver results and beat KPIs.
- High levels of organisation, and confidence with managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Fluency in other languages besides English, like Spanish, French, German.
- Previous experience in Marketing and traffic acquisition.
- Experience in technology and innovation.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more oriented towards marketing, you can check the Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for other sales and business development positions, check our Sales Salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.