We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles. Sometimes recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job specs. Since this is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so that’s why we are publishing them here. These examples are the result of careful research from thousands of job offers historically published on our job board, and more than 20 years experience in the market that gives us the insight into what’s needed for any role in digital.
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description
Example of a UI Designer Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
- Communicating with clients to understand their business goals and objectives.
- Planning and implementing new designs.
- Optimising existing user interface designs.
- Testing for intuitiveness and overall user experience.
- Developing technical and business requirements and always striving to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Combining creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Prototyping for new product ideas.
- Testing and optimising new ideas before implementing.
- Conducting ongoing user research to shape improvement processes.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Design or similar relevant field.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a UI Designer.
- Excellent UI design portfolio.
- Proficiency in Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver.
- Sense of ownership and impact on company success.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident in critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You’ll be a strong team player with excellent time-management skills.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Human-Computer Interaction.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are UX related, you can check the UX Designer Job Description.
If you would like to view 2022 salaries for UX Designers or Graphic Designers, check our Design salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.