We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a UI Designer Job Description
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
- Communicating with clients to understand their business goals and objectives.
- Planning and implementing new designs.
- Optimising existing user interface designs.
- Testing for intuitiveness and overall user experience.
- Developing technical and business requirements and always striving to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Combining creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Prototyping for new product ideas.
- Testing and optimising new ideas before implementing.
- Conducting ongoing user research to shape improvement processes.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Design or similar relevant field.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a UI Designer.
- Excellent UI design portfolio.
- Proficiency in Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver.
- Sense of ownership and impact on company success.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident in critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You’ll be a strong team player with excellent time-management skills.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Human-Computer Interaction.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are UX related, you can check the UX Designer Job Description.
If you would like to view 2023 salaries for UX Designers or Graphic Designers, check our Design salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.