We have crafted a series of job description examples for a variety of digital roles.
Very often, in-house recruiters and HR departments ask us to help them write their job descriptions, and since this aspect of our recruitment service is very useful to them, we’ve realised that this could be useful to others too, so we have provided a list of job descriptions here.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital and technology recruitment and having placed thousands of candidates in Ireland and across Europe, we understand the value of a compelling job description, so we hope that these examples will help you in your search for a digital or technology professional; please feel free to use and edit to as per your specific needs and preferences.
If you are a candidate seeking a role, you can view a list of our current job offers on our job board.
Example of a UX Designer Job Description
Introduction (short paragraph):
- Company overview: Founding vision, current state of affairs, size, relevant stats.
- Role mission: Goals, team, and resources to make it happen.
Main responsibilities (limit bullet points to essential responsibilities):
- Leading on conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
- Identifying design problems through hands-on user research and user testing and devise elegant solutions.
- Developing workflows, interactions flows/information architecture, navigational flows, mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes.
- Taking charge of process improvement and bringing user-centred approach to the design, development and implementation of customer facing projects.
- Ensuring a consistent and high-quality user experience.
- Encouraging creativity and idea generation via regular brainstorming sessions, and educating team members on usability best practices.
- Working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders in an agile environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3-4 years or relevant experience (with at least 2 designing for mobile devices/software solutions).
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Design would be a plus.
- Excellent portfolio of design work needed.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and prototyping tools.
Nice to have:
- User Research and data analytics experience.
- You’ll have a clear understanding of business goals and user behaviour.
- Experience planning and leading user testing.
- You’ll also need excellent communication skills.
- Working arrangement: (Hybrid, Remote, Office)
CTA (Call to Action)
We are accepting applications until the end of *MONTH*. We’ll be delighted to meet you for a first interview with *NAME*, our hiring manager.
If you are looking for roles that are more web specific, you can check the Web Designer Job Description.
If you would like to check 2023 salaries for UX Designers or Graphic Designers, check our UX/UI Design salaries. Or you can download our acclaimed Prosperity Digital Salary Survey to be on top of current salaries for the digital sector.
Writing a job spec is the first phase of the hiring process at any given company, we love to help companies do this in an effective way so we've put together a post where we explain our secrets for a well structured hiring process and how to make it more efficient.