Video interview questions
Before an interview, you should always research the company, prepare common interview questions and practice your responses. In fact, it may be even more important to do this for a video interview.
During a virtual interview, it’s difficult to portray personality and enthusiasm. However, if you’re comfortable answering interview questions, this becomes easier.
Luckily, since you’re at home, you can cheat a little. Print out your CV so you can glance at it for reference and confidently answer any questions on past experience.
You should also read the job spec and note your relevant skills and achievements. Add these keywords to sticky notes as a reminder during your interview. This way you’ll never have to worry about becoming lost for words.
Video interview questions will largely cover the usual areas:
- What appeals to you about our company?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you looking for a new role?
- Describe a previous challenge you encountered and how you addressed it.
- What are your salary expectations?
But if the role requires working from home, you should be prepared for additional questions like:
- How do you stay motivated and productive while working remotely?
- How do you maintain a work-life balance?
- Do you have past experience of working from home?
- How do you organise and prioritise your work?
Make sure you have some questions to ask the interviewer too.