Senior network engineer
- Salary: €70,000 - €75,000
- Location: Co. Dublin
- Job Number: BBBH7329
- Status: Permanent
- Experience: 5 years
We are currently working with a nationwide company that offers a wide range of services and has a strong commercial emphasis aligned with a culture of first-class service.
They are currently recruiting a Senior Network Engineer.
The senior network engineer will act a technical leader as he will contribute to define the Network and technologies for the next five years as well as provide best practices engineering and support.
Within a network team engineering, the main responsibilities will be to lead in multiple projects of network and security infrastructure transformation to address business goals in term of compliance, performance and innovation.
To a lesser extent, the successful candidate will contribute within the team to special operations (change, migration, L3 support).
As a key advisor for the team and other departments, the successful candidate will improve understanding, adoption, collaboration and training on various subjects.
The successful candidate will join an environment driven by teamwork, autonomy, progress, self-motivation.
The successful candidate's leadership skills will give the opportunity to create, organize and get involved in large and impactful strategies.
The successful candidate will also manage internal and external vendor and strategic partner relationships in order to create value for the organisation.
Skills and experience required:
- Leadership mindset or willingness to develop it, strength of proposal
- Strong technical network and security Cisco infrastructure, architecture, project management experience within large companies
- Routing/Switching protocol knowledge: BGP, OSPF routing, datacenter solutions, MPLS / IPVPN knowledge, Experience in scripting and automation
- Knowledge of emerging network/technological developments and a desire to learn new technologies SDN, SD WAN (implemented), Cloud Security, Network-as-a-service
- Excellent communication skills, customer and quality focused
- Full eligibility to work in Ireland
The information we collect and how we use it:
Thank God it's Monday t/a Prosperity collects your information from job applications you have submitted such as your name, contact details and also sensitive personal data such as information in your CV, and such personal data is stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following way:
- It is stored on our company database and used by us to understand your needs and to match your profile with potential job opportunities where you have given your consent for us to do so
Thank God it's Monday t/a Prosperity takes the protection of your personal data very seriously.
For comprehensive information on how we manage and safeguard your data, and how you can understand what we retain and how you can update such data or have it deleted, please refer to - https://www.prosperity.ie/privacy.html
By proceeding with this job application, you are demonstrating clear affirmative action, signifying agreement to the processing of your personal data.