- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin City Centre
- Job Number: BBBH7236
- Status: Permanent
- Experience: 10+
Our client, an international retail brand in a rapid growth phase, is seeking to recruit a Design Director who can thrive in a scaling organisation and has the ability to lead and drive design across our new and existing sites.
The company owns almost 500 sites, has a number of strategic partnerships with international brands. They need a Design Director experienced in interior and spatial design ideally for retail and business sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to excel by crafting and delivering our site design vision and standards. The successful candidate will be a confident people person with a hands-on approach to their role.
This role forms part of the Senior Management team and will report directly to the CEO.
- Develops, implements, and manages the company's design strategy and activities for both new sites and enhancements or refurbishments of existing sites
- Directs and oversees team of designers and bring all design plans and activities together into a centralized function.
- Adopt a hands-on approach to bringing creative concepts to life in our sites via our design and development teams - focusing on interior and spatial design and with a strong architectural acumen also.
- Manage any external design agencies or contractors who support store design activities.
- Collaborate with the developments team to ensure an aligned plan for all developments work and ensure the adequate resourcing allocated for development priorities.
- Interact more broadly with our overall brand vision and strategy and ensure consistency in our physical layouts and designs.
- Ensure business acumen and budget management in terms of delivering design activities.
- Resolve any conflict in terms of tensions between budget holders, different views on design etc.
- Coordinate and refresh creative services activity and support for the organization.
Skills and experience required:
- Min 10 years of relevant experience delivering complex design projects
- Min 5 years in team management role
- Proven track record ensure successful delivery of design plans on time and budget.
- Excellent people management and leadership as well as conflict management and resolution skills
- Excellent influencing and collaboration skills
- Experience gained in a progressive and rapidly growing organization that has undergone significant change.
- Knowledgeable about related areas an advantage e.g. architecture, engineering or construction dependencies etc
- Strong logic and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of retail environment, customer experience and expectations desirable
- Be willing to travel regionally and internationally as the role requires
- Degree level qualification in design or related field
The information we collect and how we use it:
Thank God it's Monday t/a Prosperity collects your information from job applications you have submitted such as your name, contact details and also sensitive personal data such as information in your CV, and such personal data is stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following way:
- It is stored on our company database and used by us to understand your needs and to match your profile with potential job opportunities where you have given your consent for us to do so
Thank God it's Monday t/a Prosperity takes the protection of your personal data very seriously.
For comprehensive information on how we manage and safeguard your data, and how you can understand what we retain and how you can update such data or have it deleted, please refer to - https://www.prosperity.ie/privacy.html
By proceeding with this job application, you are demonstrating clear affirmative action, signifying agreement to the processing of your personal data.