Account Manager Job Description
Employers, please feel free to use and edit to your requirements this example of a job description -
You should write a little about your company or agency; specify the industry sector(s) and types of clients that the account manager will be working with; specify if it is existing business, new business, or a mix of both. You might also indicate how they will fit into the organisation and if they will work as part of a team and who they will be reporting to. You might indicate if there will be account executives reporting to the account manager.
Example of Account Manager Job Description
The Requirements of this role will be to -
- To be a strong advocate for your brand/service/product, while also championing the needs of the client within your organisation.
- To understand the client industry, products and competitors
- To fully understand client briefs and requirements
- To develop strong client relationships within the client base
- Actively develop the account through seeking revenue opportunities
- Achieving sales targets.
- Developing new business.
- Pitching and giving presentations to clients.
- Understand the creative process and the client brand (agency account manager)
- To deliver the best branded solutions to the client and market (agency account manager)
- To consult and drive awareness of new technologies and channels (agency account manager)
- To work with the creative teams and ensure the organisation meets and exceeds the client brief (agency account manager)
The successful applicant for this role will -
- Preferably have a minimum of ___ years of Account Manger experience in a similar sector.
- You will be client focussed and understand the need to deliver against clients’ requirements.
- You will be able to build strong client relationships and develop business through this.
- You will be commercially focussed and have a strong track record of achieving and surpassing revenue targets.
- You will have good judgement knowing when to escalate issues before they become a risk to the account.
- You will make an effort to understand your clients business and the industry they are in and pass on knowledge throughout the organisation/team.
You will manage your clients expectations of what is and isn’t possible within their timeframes and budget.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.